Event DetailsMay 29, 2013
Equip yourself with crucial information on the challenges and opportunities in the global Carbon Market. Carbon Markets have proven to be a fundamental tool to expediently spur economy-wide abatement activities and steer finance towards low carbon technologies.
Nevertheless, a combination of market based approaches with additional policies and measures are needed to meet global climate aspiration. CARBON EXPO is the global platform to explore the detailed development of carbon markets worldwide and interrelated policies and measures that will shape the international climate regime of the future.
Conference Program 2013
Within a 3 days program comprehensively grouped into three streams, featuring over 220 speakers in 9 plenaries and 27 workshops, find below an initial overview of what will be in store for you:
- The Future of Global Carbon Trading – The Dearth of Demand and the Implications of that for Cost Effective Mitigation Effert.
- A Global Carbon Merkat – Funding a Low Carbon and Energy Secure Future
- The Era of Regional Carbon Markets – Informing National Policy and Driving International Policy
- Reforming the European Union’s Emissions Trading Scheme
- Latest Developments in Emerging Emissions Trading Programs in China, South Korea, California, Australia, Quebec
- EU Carbon and Energy Prices amid Sluggish Economic Growth
- The Creation of Global Carbon-Pricing Mechanisms
- Voluntary Co2 OffsetÃ‚Â Prices – Wanting More than Mere Emission Cuts from Investments
- Financing Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs)
- Energy Efficiency and Low Carbon investments
- The Voluntary Carbon Market & REDD
- Reducing Risks Associated with Policy Uncertainty
- The Viability of NEW Market Mechanisms
- CDM Issues and PoAs
- The Future of Kyoto “Filling the Gaps”
- Aviation and Shipping – EU ETS Compliance and Prospects for a Global Scheme
- What is the Role of Carbon Capture & Storage in the New Energy Future
- The Oil & Gas Industry – Finding Effective Solutions