Event DetailsJune 10, 2010
With the continued delay in US Carbon legislation causing prolonged uncertainty around the future of a compliance market in the US, we are receiving feedback from our customers that they are wary of committing resource to the US market.Ã‚Â With the subsequent stalling of US Carbon market development, the predominant positive movement has come in the area of forestry carbon offsets and this sector is moving forward with renewed vigor.
In light of these exceptional circumstances, the 2010 Carbon Markets USA and Forestry Carbon Markets & REDD conferences have been combined into a two day forum entitled Carbon Markets, Forestry & REDD USA which will take place on the 10th & 11th of June and will examine and debate the future of the carbon market in the United States, while paying particular attention to the immediate opportunities available in the forestry sector.
Carbon Markets, Forestry & REDD USA 2010 has assembled a faculty of industry-leading individuals to address the questions crucial to the forward progress of the carbon market in North America and beyond. Every link in the Carbon and Forestry value chain will be present for days of debate aimed at moving the market forward and realizing the potential of the forestry carbon markets in the USA and beyond.
Key reasons to attend
Gain an in depth understanding of the potential of the Carbon Markets in the United States:
- Get updated on legislative activity affecting the carbon markets and the US energy agenda
- Understand the policy & regulation affecting the forestry sector
- Learn from insightful discussion on regional carbon programs
- Develop risk mitigation strategies to ensure the success of your carbon and forestry carbon projects
- Identify investment opportunities and the implications of the economic downturn and market uncertainty
- Hear about emerging market opportunities such as forestry, agriculture and the voluntary carbon markets
- Meet and do business face-to-face with every link in the US carbon and forestry market
Who will you meet?
- Governmental representatives
- Policy & advisory bodies
- International project developers
- Offset providers
- Financiers & investors
- Carbon traders & brokers
- Renewable energy experts
- Equipment & technology providers
- Engineering consultants
- Academics & NGOs
- Carbon markets associations