Event DetailsDecember 6, 2011
All companies listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange will have to report their greenhouse gas emissions from April 2013. The UK is the first country to make it compulsory for companies to include emissions data for their entire organisation in their annual financial reports. Reporting GHG emissions is the first vital step towards reductions but, at the same time, provides businesses with great opportunities for cost savings.
Attend to find out what you have to report, how to do it and the potential costs and benefits. Identify the key opportunities to save money and avoid financial penalties so that you can give a boost to your bottom line.
Attend to understand the new opportunities and risks facing companies in your portfolio. Identify the likely winners and losers from mounting pressures to reduce carbon emissions.
Top-level speaking organisations include:
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Microsoft, The Carbon Disclosure Project, Marks & Spencer, British Airways, Herbert Smith, Ecometrica, CCLA, FTSE Group, WHEB Asset Management, AEA, Trucost, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
REGISTER BY 28 SEPTEMBER TO CLAIM UP TO 20% DISCOUNT!
Key benefits of attending:
• Understand policy and business drivers for mandatory carbon accounting
• Discover the business benefits of reporting emissions
• Benefit from insightful case studies from the real leaders in carbon reporting
• Learn how to manage, measure and report corporate emissions
• Hear best practice methodologies for managing emissions throughout your supply chain
• Find out how to disclose the information and what to do with carbon data
• Identify investment opportunities in mandatory reporting
• Superb networking opportunities including the drinks reception at the end of the day – meet, share knowledge and do business with other participants
Who should attend:
• Companies directly affected by the legislation
• Lawyers, legal advisors
• Monitoring / verifying companies
• Private and public investors
• Non UK stock exchanges
• Non UK governments
• SRI investors
To apply and for more information, click here