Event DetailsMarch 26, 2012
The key aims of the conference include:
- 2500 participants combining global-change science and policy, business and development communities
- Scientific leadership towards the 2012 UN Rio +20 conference
- Building trans-disciplinary research communities
- Identifying opportunities for enhanced partnerships between global change science and policy, industry and the public
- A new vision for international research
Building on a comprehensive update of knowledge of the Earth system and the pressure it is under, the Planet Under Pressure conference will present and debate new insights into potential opportunities and constraints for innovative development pathways based on novel partnerships.