Event DetailsJanuary 22, 2009 Park Central Hotel
The inaugural Voluntary Carbon Markets USA conference took place in New York in February 2008 and brought together carbon market experts to discuss the current status of the voluntary carbon market, the latest developments in standardization and attempts to bring transparency to the market. Emphasis was placed on the opportunities within the market to foster innovation and creativity, and the reasons behind people’s involvement in the market, be it for CSR reasons or pre-compliance.
Voluntary Carbon Markets USA 2009 will build on the success of VCM USA 2008 and provide a unique insight into the industry a year on. Has the voluntary market achieved credibility and transparency through the establishment of several standards, registries and other market mechanisms? The event will also take a close look at the new demands consumers are putting on their offset partners of choice and what companies are doing to communicate their carbon neutral activities to their target audience.
The only event to focus solely on the US voluntary carbon market
* Learn from practical voluntary offsetting case studies
* Understand consumer requirements
* Benefit from a series of interactive panel discussions
* Prepare your business for climate regulation
Plus benefit from:
* An interactive pre-conference workshop
* Co-located exhibition area
* Our exciting new online networking facility, allowing you to schedule meetings with participants prior, during and after the event!
Here’s who you’ll meet
* Project Developers & Hosts
* Bankers & Finance
* Government & Municipalities
* Analysts & Research
* Carbon Consultants
* Project Verifiers
* Carbon Brokers