The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international non-profit environmental organization with more than 1.4 million members and online activists. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC works on projects in the United States, Canada, Latin America, India, and China, as well as on global initiatives addressing issues such as climate change, energy, toxic waste, oceans, water, air and health.
NRDC seeks an Advocate to work with the International and Climate & Clean Air Program in its Washington, D.C. office. The Advocate will help implement the organizationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s strategy to address climate change at the international level and promote strong domestic implementation in key countries around the world. The Advocate will work closely with NRDC staff and with other nongovernmental organizations at the international level and in key countries where NRDC or partners operate, including India, Latin America, China, and Canada. The work will include engagement in the international climate negotiations and other venues to advance climate action. The successful candidate must have good communication and problem solving skills, strong writing capability for a policy audience, and grasp of international climate change issues.
- Shape, advocate, and help implement policies for international action on climate change;
- Conduct research on international climate change;
- Develop blogs, fact sheets, issue papers, and other written material;
- Provide outreach to policy makers;
- Represent NRDC positions before leading policymakers
- Masters or Law degree in climate policy, international affairs or another relevant field;
- 0-3 years work experience in energy or climate policy field;
- Possess strong knowledge of climate change issues and the international response;
- Demonstrated advocacy skills;
- Robust interpersonal skills to interact with leading decision-makers in government, other non-profits, business community, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to participate on teams that work collaboratively toward shared outcomes across programs and organizations;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple work streams;
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues;
- Language skills a plus; and
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Read more about the positionÃ‚Â here.