IPAM-IP is seeking a part-time consultant for a 12-month term focused on agricultural, forestry, and forest carbon policy in Indonesia that could evolve into a permanent full-time position. The Policy Analyst will undertake targeted policy analysis to identify potential linkages between agricultural commodity production and REDD+ and other forest carbon/climate finance mechanisms under the auspices of a global program focusing on responsible commodity roundtables and forest carbon finance.
- Conduct research on agricultural policy and credit mechanisms, including low emissions rural development initiatives, in Indonesia ;
- Conduct research on the opportunities for and barriers to addressing the agricultural drivers of deforestation and forest degradation;
- Contribute to comparative analysis of agricultural, agricultural finance, forestry, and climate policy for multiple tropical nations;
- Contribute to technical articles, fact sheets and policy briefs based on this research in support of IPAM’s overall communication strategy;
- PhD or Master’s plus 2+ years experience in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Policy, Forest Policy or closely related field
- Experience in research on policy issues related to agricultural production, natural resources, rural development, climate change, forestry, and markets and trade
- Familiar with issues concerning Indonesian agriculture and land-use policy
- Familiarity with REDD and carbon markets and finance is a plus
- Ability to work across disciplines
- Excellent written and spoken Indonesian and English
Please send cover letter referencing Job# 1302CDN, curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com. Please reference Job# 1302CDN in the subject line of the email.