Analyst, Carbon Trust AdvisoryÃ‚Â
Responsible for developing client and sector propositions to underpin the Carbon Trust’s new corporate consultancy offering.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
Closing Date:Ã‚Â 21 January 2011
Reports to:Ã‚Â Senior Consultant, Carbon Advisory
Purpose and Scope of the Role
Responsible for developing client and sector propositions to underpin the Carbon Trust’s new corporate consultancy offering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within a small team to deliver world class client consultancy projects while achieving high rates of utilisation
- Support the development of propositions and co-ordinate delivery of new corporate consultancy offering•Ã‚Â Delivery of specific analysis aspects of large customer offer modules
oÃ‚Â E.g. analysis of internal data on sectors, carbon risks and opportunities, marginal abatement cost curves
- Work with Business Development Managers and with other Carbon Trust and external resources (strategic and technical) to develop tailored and sector-based propositions for the Carbon Advisory business to deliver.
- Translate client needs into consultative proposals and scopes of work, Specify resource needs (CT internal, technical consultant, sector insights) to meet proposal brief
- Project manage delivery of consultative modules from third parties
- Co-ordinate knowledge management of project learnings and other sector/client insights
- Manage key internal projects and analysis, as agreed.Ã‚Â This might include carbon accounting or assurance work.Ã‚Â
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills (comfortable with complex analysis)
- Strong project management and presentation skillsGood interpersonal and communication skills, as direct client facing work will be key to developing the role
- A strong consultancy delivery track record, working in small teams at senior management level
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Degree educated or equivalent with additional qualification (MBA or environmental qualification) preferred but not essential.Ã‚Â
- Experience in business or market analysis and/or consultancy delivery also an advantage.
- Knowledge of carbon management, climate change, environmental sustainability strongly preferred
Candidates wishing to apply for this position should send a fully up-to-date CV of no more than 2 pages in length firstname.lastname@example.org