The Senior Climate Change Specialist will be based in the firm’s San Francisco office and will be responsible for providing climate change expertise to current clients across the Americas region, and eventually, for growing a climate change practice and for leading a team of consultants.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
• Developing protocols associated with carbon accounting and GHG emissions, in accordance with local, regional, national, and international standards and guidelines.
• Preparing verification grade GHG inventories for projects (assessing boundaries, sources and emissions)
• Developing climate action plans
• Developing the business case for carbon mitigation strategies
• Directing and/or conducting research, calculations, data analysis, contributing to
reports and client presentations related to a wide variety of project types associated
with improving the carbon profile of the built environment, organizations, or real
• Liaising with technical experts within/outside of the firm (energy efficiency, energy
modeling, commissioning, buildings systems, carbon management, and water and
• Tasks may include: leading technical and economic feasibility studies,
advice on carbon trading and offsets schemes, GHG impacts analysis input to pro-forma, project management.
RequirementsÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
The position requires a wide breadth of knowledge and experience across climate change policy, regulation, accounting, and strategies. The ideal candidate will bring the following qualifications to the organization:
Ã‚Â * Undergraduate degree in engineering or other technical background
Ã‚Â * Project Management skills and strong written and oral communication
Ã‚Â * Ability to develop proposals, strategies, and policies for high level clients
* Technical understanding of energy and climate change issues related to all facets of planning at the community, regional and national levels
* Financial analysis skills (life cycle costing, cost/benefit analysis)
* Grasp of markets and strategies for carbon offsets
* Understanding of rebates and incentives for financing
* Solid grasp AB32 and CCAR implications, as well as EPA reporting rules and potential federal legislation
* Knowledge of carbon calculations to support CEQA alternatives
* Knowledge of ICLEI protocols for governments and communities
* Solid computer literacy (PowerPoint, word, etc.)
* 10 years of relevant experience
* CCAR Accreditation
* LEED certification ideal.