- works with stakeholders to develop abatement methodologies for the land sector and provides secretariat support to the Domestic Offsets Integrity Committee, which assesses the robustness of methodologies for carbon farming.
- leads the preparation of Australia’s national greenhouse accounts, which are reported to the United Nations as part of Australia’s obligations under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Kyoto Protocol
- provides technical input to the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting System framework, and leads the international negotiating effort on land sector issues
As an Executive Level 1 in the Stakeholder Engagement section you will have a key role within the team, supporting the development of stakeholder engagement strategies and products, providing authoritative advice on communicating the key policy objectives and outcomes of the Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI) to a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.Ã‚Â You will:Ã‚Â
- Foster effective internal and external working relationships with key stakeholdersÃ‚Â
- Support the development of effective communication and stakeholder engagement strategiesÃ‚Â
- Develop clearly written communication products such as the CFI e-newsletter, media releases, talking points, Q and A’s and web content to explain the CFI, the positive list and progress on methodology development, drawing on complex technical or scientific material.
- Manage responses to media enquiries.
- Play a central role in the redevelopment and ongoing maintenance of the CFI website.
- Support the secretariat for a High-Level Stakeholder group and an inter-agency CFI and Land Sector Measures Stakeholder Communications group
- Support the organisation of roundtables, workshops and web-based seminars to facilitate stakeholder understanding of the CFI and promote participation in the scheme
For more information on this position, click hereÃ‚Â