This position is based in Brooklyn, NYC, in the same office as our Executive Director.
This job includes managing calendars, making travel, meeting and event arrangements, light office management duties, project coordination, working with all levels of internal management and staff, and working with partners and individuals outside the organization. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- 3+ highly-reviewed years of previous experience assisting organizational leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Project coordinator experience
- The ability to be calm in the midst of chaos
- The ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines, with minimum supervision using judgement, diplomacy, and discretion
- Strong sense of judgement about when to be laid back and when you assert yourself
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strongly developed sense of discretion, diplomacy and resourcefulness
- A compassionate, personable disposition and a sense of humor
- Excellent communicator
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- A strong understanding of the climate crisis and the social movements working to address it.
More informationÃ‚Â here.