Climate Change & Sustainability Services (CCaSS) – Associate
For organisations across every country and every industry, climate change and environmental sustainability implications are at the top of their business agenda.Ã‚Â Globally, Ernst & Young has a team of over 700 professionals who work in this area, across Assurance, Transactions, Tax and Advisory. We help clients navigate their way through sustainability issues – from understanding business and regulatory threats and opportunities, to exploring and executing commercial transactions, monitoring performance and adding rigour to public disclosures on progress.
Our UK Climate Change & Sustainability Services team helps clients to develop their strategy, together with approaches to carbon measurement andÃ‚Â management, sustainable procurement, program management, sustainability reporting and verification.
Ernst & Young is at the forefront of current trends in sustainability and we engage with client staff at all levels to provide insight into these developments. Ã‚Â Our dynamic and talented group is currently seeking to expand their team with Ã‚Â roles based in London.Ã‚Â
The opportunity is now. If you are interested in being part of aÃ‚Â growing team, serving clients and reaching your full potential – Ernst & Young Climate Change & Sustainability Services is for you.Ã‚Â
- Maintain a strong client focus – work on multiple client engagement teams sharing responsibility, providing support, developing relationships, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Work with leaders in climate change & sustainability across a range of industries, including consumer products, oil & gas and financial services. Perform audit procedures; create work products such as audit analyses and engagement documentation; evaluate and test processes and related controls; participate in client meetings and assist in preparation of reports.
- Bring potential opportunities for new engagements to the team’s attention. Seek, develop and present ideas to apply EY’s services.
- Display teamwork, integrity, and leadership. Support colleagues and value others’ contributions.
- Commit to understanding client/business issues and developing knowledge. Stay abreast of current climate change and sustainability developments relevant to clients businesses. Use technology to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, for example engineering or environmental science; further studies and/or relevant professional qualifications an advantage.
- A good understanding of the issues and opportunities surrounding sustainability and the impact of sustainability on an ever changing business environment, including knowledge of climate change policies and the carbon market.
- At least three years of relevant work experience (or equivalent), for example applying audit and analytical techniques in relation to non-financial performance information, including environmental emissions or safety data.Ã‚Â Prior consulting experience an advantage.
- Strong technical skills and experience in, or familiarity with, the energy, oil & gas, consumer products or industrial sectors.
- Strong commercial skills with a good understanding of business processes; able to articulate and demonstrate the business context of sustainable development.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrable leadership, integrity, values, principles, and work ethic.
- Comfortable working under pressure within a team and individually.
- Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to the project in hand.
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to write clearly.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ideally Lotus Notes
- Drive and commitment to support the team in growing the Climate Change & Sustainability practice.The successful candidate must also be willing and able to travel
Who we are
At Ernst & Young we support you in achieving your unique potentialÃ‚Â both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At Ernst & Young, we know it’s your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference
Assurance gives organizations and their investors the confidence that the results they report give a true and fair picture of their business. As an assurance professional at Ernst & Young, you’ll work in a high-performing and inclusive environment that offers you great opportunities to develop an interesting and fulfilling career, wherever you are in the world. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams to handle complex issues and resolve challenges for leading companies. We’ll support you in your professional development so you achieve your potential.