Google has committed to carbon neutrality. We achieve this through a combination of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and carbon offsets. As an Associate Project Manager, you will provide the transactional acumen and contract management skills to help support Google’s global sustainability initiatives. You will help coordinate and work on aspects of carbon offset procurement, portfolio management, and retirement, including working with project developers and verifiers, managing contracts and transactions, tracking data and documentation, and working with the larger sustainable operations team and other groups at Google. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who has top-notch project management skills and is organized, detail-oriented, process driven, a quick learner, and a good writer. You must be motivated and resourceful — you need to get things done and figure out smart ways around any roadblocks.
- Help manage Google’s process for carbon offset-related transactions, including SOWs, POs, term sheets, RFPs, and contracts with outside vendors.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of financial and project records.
- Work closely with project verifiers to ensure high-quality projects, including reviewing all documents, calculations, and assumptions.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams including legal, finance, policy, and communications.
- Help manage other sustainability initiatives as needed.
- BA or BS degree with a strong academic record or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a transactional, contracts management, procurement, vendor management, or similar role.
- Knowledge of, experience with, or a penchant for sustainability, energy, and climate a plus.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Impeccable organizational skills.