- The Business Development Director’s primary responsibility will be to maintain and build upon existing relationships, and to foster and implement new income-generating strategic partnerships, grants and other forms of collaboration with the private sector. The Business Development Director will have responsibility for conceiving, writing and follow-up on all partnership related proposals, documents and presentations.
- Reporting to the Director, North America, the Business Development Director will ensure income generation is aligned with CDP’s mission and goals to help facilitate the growth and expansion of CDP in the US and Canada
- The successful candidate will have an excellent track record in expanding organizational revenue and income, ideally in the non-profit sector in a related field of interest, and of bringing fundraising projects to fruition. This requires strategic vision, strong grasp of the relevant issues and their ongoing evolution; exceptional inter-personal and communication skills in English; and keen and updated familiarity with expectations and processes private sector donors. A high level of computer literacy is required as all approaches will be tracked via CDP’s internal communications management system.
- Success also requires excellent time management skills, an ability to plan ahead and meet all deadlines, and a passion for maintaining a dynamic, fluid, strategic and expanding fundraising portfolio.
- Evidence of an understanding of the interface between financial and environmental issues and an eagerness to work at this interface are also required.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; advanced degree, ideally in a related subject area, preferred; fluency in a second language is a plus.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally within reason and an ability to work in a global organization in a highly entrepreneurial, fluid environment.
Read more about the position here.