The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc. (RGGI, Inc.) seeks to hire a Business Manager to be based in New York City.
The Business Manager will be responsible for the accounting, logistical and organizational support of the RGGI, Inc. program and the operations of the RGGI, Inc. office. Major areas of responsibility include:
- Support the Executive Director in the financial management of the Corporation, including preparation of annual budgets, management of accounts payable processes, preparation for annual financial audits, and act as chief liaison with accounting and audit firms.
- Manage all logistical needs of the office and staff, including purchases, correspondence, and information technology.
- Manage organizational needs for the office, including responsibility for overall data and file systems, human resources (administration of payroll and benefits plans), and additional administrative responsibilities on an ad hoc basis.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated experience in administration and office management, be highly organized and efficient, be a resourceful and creative problem solver, have the ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude and have excellent communication skills.
The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc. is a non-profit corporation formed to provide technical and administrative support to the ten participating states in the implementation of the CO2 Budget Trading Program under the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (“RGGI”). The RGGI is a cooperative effort to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. RGGI, Inc. currently has 6 employees with offices located at 90 Church Street in New York City.
- Maintain relationships with external service providers such as banks, attorneys, accountants auditors, insurance brokers and website, blackberry and email providers
- Manage ongoing day to day operations (accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, petty cash, insurance policies, employee benefits and compensation, computer networks and workstations and procurement)
- Analyze monthly and quarterly external financial reports from outsourced accountant and adapt narrative for Finance Committee
- Generate internal financial management reports that track expenditures against budget, itemize expenses and reconcile bank statements
- Produce annual budget and year-end forecasts
- Manage cash flows and bank balances
- Oversee all fiscal matters related to vendor contracts
- Participate in the annual audit and IRS Form 990 filing processes
- Administrate contributions to RGGI, Inc.’s 403b retirement plan
- Enforce and adhere to fiscal control policies and procedures
- Provide administrative support for Executive Director on special projects
- A bachelor’s degree
- Five years of administrative office experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- PC proficiency, preferably in MS Office Suite
Candidates Must Have the Ability to:
- Communicate effectively with staff, Board members and external parties
- Manage a flow of information between the Executive Director and external parties: correspondence, invoices, schedules
- Offer solutions, reach logical conclusions and make sound recommendations
- Implement and evaluate administrative procedures
- Identify and solve problems
- Organize resources and establish priorities
- Manage multiple projects and deliver products by deadlines
- Adapt to changing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please. Applications will be reviewed immediately.
RGGI Inc is committed to provide equal employment opportunities.