Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Certification team to assessÃ‚Â whether carbon footprints or other environmental claims comply with theÃ‚Â requirements of the Carbon Trust’s proprietary Standards (Carbon TrustÃ‚Â Standard etc), PAS 2050, the GHG Protocol, ISO 14064 and the Carbon TrustÃ‚Â Footprint ExpertTMcertification rules.
- Plan individual certification projects basedÃ‚Â on the information provided by a client, and maintain productive andÃ‚Â effective relationships with certification clients at all times.
- Prepare evaluation reports and certificationÃ‚Â letters as required, including highlighting any non-conformities with theÃ‚Â certification requirements, and clearly communicate the evaluationÃ‚Â findings to clients or their appointed consultants to allow them toÃ‚Â improve their footprint models where appropriate.
- Identify and document development items from certification projects, including common root causes of failures to meet the certification requirements, and contribute to ensuring these are reflected in improved advice to clients, as well as internal certification systems, standards and practices.
- Assist the Associate Director in the development and launch of new certification methodologies and products, including research and stakeholder engagement, drafting materials and documents, designing tools and presenting findings to technical audiences.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- StrongÃ‚Â ability to research, analyse and evaluate complex information and data.
- ConscientiousÃ‚Â and methodical approach, with strong attention to detail.
- AbilityÃ‚Â to conduct certification evaluations in an objective, fair and impartial manner.
- GoodÃ‚Â communication skills (written and oral) including the ability to presentÃ‚Â effectively to technical audiences and to objectively and diplomaticallyÃ‚Â communicate evaluation findings to clients.
- StrongÃ‚Â time and process management skills, and an ability to work to shortÃ‚Â deadlines.
- AbilityÃ‚Â to work effectively on a standalone basis and in a team environment.
- CommitmentÃ‚Â Ã‚Â to ethical conduct, due professional care and to providing a high qualityÃ‚Â and impartial service to clients and end-users.
- CommonÃ‚Â sense approach to implementing certification methodologies in a commercialÃ‚Â environment, providing fair, measured and reasoned certificationÃ‚Â recommendations.
- Flexibility in responding to the evolving needs of the Company.
- Degree educated (at least 2:1) or equivalent – in a relevant degree i.e environmental/economics/engineering/ or other numerate discipline.
- Good understanding and experience of carbon footprinting, waste and water assessment, LCA or supply-chain-analysis.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Existing experience in GHG footprint calculation and verification processes – including information auditing – highly desirable;
- Experience of environmental, carbon or other certification schemes would be an advantage;
- Experience of energy efficiency and low carbon technologies would be an advantage
- Commitment to, and experience in, the field of Sustainability/Corporate Social Responsibility
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage.
To apply for this role please send a CV and Cover Letter to:Human.Resources@carbontrust.com
More information here.