Impact Carbon is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Program Associate to work on the development of carbon offset projects. The position requires strong organizational skills, strong analytic and data analysis experience, experience with survey design and analysis, strong English writing skills, practical business thinking, and an understanding of social science methods. A working knowledge of statistics and greenhouse accounting is also required.
The Program Associate will be responsible for managing the execution of all aspects of project development from diligence to implementation on multiple projects in multiple countries with heavy focus on the analysis and packaging of data for carbon asset verification. The position is based in San Francisco and will require 10% to 20% travel.
- Prepare content and material for greenhouse gas accounting documentation and follow-up.
- Analyze survey and performance testing data in Excel and provide summary statistics and reports.
- Conduct literature review on various country conditions (e.g. access to piped and clean water, common stove types, fuel types, demographic data, etc.)
- Support ongoing project development and management activities that include report writing, data analysis, and client communication, amongst other activities.
- Review and edit project documentation (reports, Excel workbooks, project databases.).
- Manage early stage correspondence and outreach with potential project partners and partner governments.
- Assist in performing early stage diligence and site visits to potential projects.
- Assist in the development of knowledge sharing systems, tools, and templates for the project development team.
- Assist in writing grant proposals.
- Assist in developing project management timelines based on reqirements of project certification statndands, i.e. Gold Standard and Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
To thrive at Impact Carbon the Program Associate must be detail-oriented, a self-starter and comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. The position requires the ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to communicate information in a simple manner to staff and partners as needed as well as the ability to produce high quality work under rigid deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are important.
The ideal candidate will also have the following skills and abilities:
- Advanced fluency in Excel analysis, and Windows Office (Word, Powerpoint)
- Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated individuals with ability to work in teams as well as independently.Experience implementing either quantitative or qualitative research methods.
- Passionate about Impact Carbon’s mission, with basic knowledge of climate change, carbon markets, and international health and development
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other languages a plus
- 1-2 years professional experience in consulting, or related business, environmental science, or research.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, and ideally Master’s degree (any field).
Please send resume and cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about the position here.Ã‚Â