Carbon Program Intern
Ecosystem Marketplace is seeking a full-time intern for our Carbon Program. For more information about Ecosystem Marketplace, a leading source of information and analysis on environmental markets and payments for ecosystem services, visit www.ecosystemmarketplace.com.
About Ecosystem Marketplace’s Carbon Program
Ecosystem Marketplace’s Carbon Program produces a range of qualitative and quantitative analyses of the voluntary and forest carbon markets, from news articles on policy developments to annual reports on transaction volumes and values. Along with publishing bi-weekly newsletters on the voluntary and forest carbon markets, we write the annual State of the Voluntary Carbon Markets and State of the Forest Carbon Markets reports.
In addition to these online references, the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Program also works to link market participants with each other and advises companies, governments and other NGOs on carbon markets. The Carbon Program seeks an intern to support research, analysis and writing in continuation of these activities with a focus on the voluntary carbon markets.
Voluntary Carbon Program Intern description:
The Voluntary Carbon intern will be able to commit to approximately 40 hours per week to support the range of activities under the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Markets Program. Intern time will likely be divided between forest carbon (40%), voluntary carbon (40%) and administrative support (20%).
Responsibilities may include:
- Marketing support following the publication of the State of the Voluntary Carbon Markets report
- Data collection for the annual State of reports and other carbon publications
- Story identification and summary writing for the monthly V-Carbon eNewsletter
- Researching voluntary carbon news and events to contribute to Ecosystem Marketplace website news, feature stories, event listing and blog
- Contributing to updates of Ecosystem Marketplace Marketwatch website sections
- Assisting in development of recently acquired Carbon Catalog website
- Representing the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Program at relevant conferences and/or lectures in Washington, DC
- And other tasks that arise
- Upper-level undergraduate or graduate student
- Interest in conservation finance/payments for ecosystem services and basic knowledge of markets for carbon offsets – including but not limited to forest carbon markets
- Excellent writing, research and organizational skills; journalism skills a plus
- Understanding of survey and statistical methods a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment, but also to work well with minimum management
- Experience with client communications/management a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook
- Prefer applicants with ability to commute to a Washington, DC Georgetown office
Compensation: $10-$13 depending on level of education and experience.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Submit: Resume (or CV), cover letter. Writing samples will be requested from final applicant pool.
Deadline: Submit your resume and a cover letter by November 4, 2011. Early submissions encouraged. Please send your materials to Molly Peters-Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ecosystem Marketplace is a project of Forest Trends, a Washington, DC-based international non-profit organization that works to promote the conservation of forested ecosystems and the lives of those who depend on them through markets and payments for ecosystem services.
1050 Potomac St, NW | Washington, DC 20007 | Tel 202.289.3000 | Fax 202.298.3014