Ecosystem Marketplace, a project of the non-profit Forest Trends, is a comprehensive source of information and analysis on environmental markets and payment schemes for ecosystem services, including carbon sequestration, water quality, and biodiversity. For more information about Ecosystem Marketplace’s Carbon Program, see: www.ecosystemmarketplace.com and www.forestcarbonportal.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and expand the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Program
- Manage, build and promoteÃ‚Â Ecosystem Marketplace’s online Forest Carbon Portal website andÃ‚Â Project Inventory
- Guide the growth and development ofÃ‚Â and directly contribute to Ecosystem Marketplace’s research, articles, and reports on the carbon markets
- Contribute to the program media strategy and news coverage
- Collaborate on annual State of the Voluntary Carbon MarketsÃ‚Â & State of the Forest Carbon Markets reports
- Manage program staff, consultants and interns
- Represent Ecosystem Marketplace at relevant conferences and contribute to our international capacity building workshops
- Work as a part of a team to raise funds for program activities
We’re seeking candidates with:
- Expertise in the carbon markets and particularly the voluntary or forest carbon markets
- Excellent analytical, writing, information management and research skills
- A strong interest in internet based outreach, media and ability to clearly communicate information
- Management experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience
- The ability to work independently and with a team in a dynamic, fast paced organization
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Journalism, Spanish, and statistics skills a plus
- Willingness to travelÃ‚Â 15-20% of timeÃ‚Â
Location: Washington, D.C.
Qualified applicants please send a resume and cover letter to Kate Hamilton by March 15, 2010.Ã‚Â No phone calls please.