- Role : Carbon Program Technical Manager
- Location : India, Africa or Europe in one of ToughStuff offices
- Salary : TBA (in $USD or local equivalent) Compensation tied to performance metrics.
Group Carbon Manager
ToughStuff is a social enterprise that sells very inexpensive solar products designed for low-income people in developing countries. We pursue ambitious sales targets to ensure profitability, while creating important social, environmental and poverty-reduction benefits.
Internationally, ToughStuff is pursuing an international Programme of Activites under the United Nations Clean Development Mechanism to certify the carbon emission reductions. This will be developed through a carbon team working throughout geographies ToughStuff is present, predominately in Africa.
We are seeking an ambitious person to help with the CDM process for ToughStuff. This role will encompass fully understanding the UNFCCC methodologies as they pertain to ToughStuff as well as creating and writing the relevant documents leading to carbon accreditation ( PINs, PDDs, PoAs, etc). Liaison with DOEs will also be key for this role.
Job Title: Carbon Program Technical Manager
Salary Range/Grade:TBA (in $USD or local equivalent). Compensation tied to performance metrics.
Hours: Full time.
Work base: India, Africa or Europe in on of ToughStuff offices
Reporting To: Group Carbon Manager
Responsible For: Knowledge Expert on CDM issues
Main Purpose of Job:
• Creating and writing the specific documents for CDM project development
• Involvement in CDM/VER PoA project cycle from PIN to successful registration and issuance
• Helping with the relationships with DOEs and other experts
• Working with third parties to prepare validation and verification of projects
• Ensuring carbon documentation is written at a high quality and deadlines are met
• Working with regional offices
• Help with correspondence with UN Executive Board and DOEs
The applicant should demonstrate the following competencies to a high level. Evidence of an outstanding track record especially is more important than experience or qualifications.
• You are a proactive, tenacious, ambitious business professional with a track-record for achieving ambitious goals.
• Naturally inquisitive and creative; desire to continuously improve current business practices / processes; able to think and act innovatively.
• Resourceful: able to achieve results in an environment that is challenging and sometimes unpredictable.
• 3 to 5 years work experience in related relevant fields. This should include experience developing CDM projects, preferably in Africa.
• Involvement in the full project cycle of at least 10 carbon projects (CDM or voluntary)
• Degree in law, engineering, renewable energy, environmental sciences or related field
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage own work effectively and prioritise tasks
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Fluent spoken English and excellent written English
• Degree in engineering, renewable energy, environmental sciences or relevant
• A minimum of 3-5 years carbon experience, including CDM or VER certification.
• Proven experience managing the CDM/VER project cycle and experience authoring or reviewing documents.
• Experience with liaising with DOEs
• MBA graduate
• Experience with PoA
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Good interpersonal communicator
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving ability
• Highly developed entrepreneurial spirit
• Thorough understanding of the carbon markets
• Responsible and resourceful individual who operates effectively without constant supervision.
• Tenacious work ethic and a sense of urgency in solving problems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
• Experience in Africa
• Relationships with global DOEs
• Willingness to frequently travel throughout Africa
• Motivated by the triple-bottom line nature of ToughStuff
Contact Details : Simon Glossop
Web Address : http://www.toughstuffonline.com