Years of Experience: 4-5
Career Level: Mid Career
Employment Status: Full-time
An opportunity has arisen for a Carbon Project Developer (m/f). The Carbon Project Developer works within the Project Origination & Development team, and reports to the Carbon Project Manager. The Carbon Project Developer shall assess the emission reduction potential of originated projects, conduct baseline studies, draft monitoring plans and develop PDDs, as well monitor the progress of the project through the CDM/VER project cycle. S/he will be expected to maintain professional relationships with project proponents, DOEs, DNAs, the Gold Standard Board, EB and any other relevant stakeholders.
Successful candidates will utilize their sound technical and analytical skills and strategic relationships in the industry, particularly with DOEs and the Gold Standard Board, to ensure that the project progresses successfully through the project cycle with the least possible issuance risk. An eye for detail, strong initiative and well defined organizational skills will provide results which will generate significant career growth opportunities within our organization.
- Assess the CDM/VER potential of the originated projects
- Ã‚Â Conduct baseline studies, draft monitoring plans andÃ‚Â develop PDDs, ensuring that these and other deliverables are of the highest quality in order to minimize validation, registration and issuance risk
- Obtain accurate and complete data/documents needed for the development of the PDD, its validation by the DOE and registration by the EB or GS Board and monitor existing and new CDM/GS methodologies and apply them correctly within the PDD
- Travel to the project sites for validation, verification and as required by the PDD preparation and implementation
- Liaise with the Designated National Authority and other government entities for PDD submission and approval
- Liaise with Designated Operational Entities for validation, verification and other related matters
- Liaise with the Project Owner for any matter related to the preparation of the PDD as well as and verification of the offset project
- Masters degree in engineering, environmental sciences or equivalent scientific disciplines
- Extensive knowledge with the CDM/GS/VCS development process across all steps of the project cycle
- Track-record in the development of carbon projects (Stakeholder consultations, Baseline studies, MRV Plans, PDD development)
- Familiar with the most commonly used CDM methodologies (especially small-scale methodologies) and Gold Standard methodologies for RE/EE and Waste to Energy
- A good understand of renewable energy, energy efficiency and waste to methane technologies and processes relevant to the CDM/VER market
- Experience as DOE auditor is considered an asset
- An established network of contacts with DOEs, DNAs, the Gold Standard, and other technical experts
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, with a drive to work in a growing team in an emerging market.
- Sound analytical skills, solid data processing skills.
- Ã‚Â Fluency in Spanish and/or French an advantage
Please Send Application to:
Name: Franz Rentel
+31 30 232 6182
26 November, 2010