Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Chief of Party with the Forestry & Natural Resource Management (FNRM) Unit. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding. Ã‚Â There may be multiple activities funded by multiple donors within this position description.
LOCATION: Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â TBD, Southeast Asia
UNIT: Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Forestry & Natural Resource Management
- Provide overall technical leadership to achieve the results of the project. Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- Oversee and be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the project including managing the budget.
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff.
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Manage subcontracts with local service providers, ensure all deliverables are provided.
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project.
- Prepare annual work plans and progress reports, and monitor the implementation of these plans. Prepare and submit quarterly reports on progress of activities and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Establish contacts with partners and clients to ensure coordinated implementation of project activities and represent the Winrock Team at key meetings.
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with USAID and other stakeholders.
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office.
- Manage relationships with complementary USAID and donor projects.
- Minimum 10 years experience managing complex international development programs required.
- Technical and/or COP experience on USAID-funded conservation, environmental, livelihoods, or forestry projects is strongly preferred.
- Must have previous experience working on development programs within the context of REDD+, global climate change and sustainable landscapes, and/or have been a part of efforts to develop adaptation strategies.
- Experience working to build institutional capacity of government counterparts at the national and/or local level.
- Experience must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a large team in environmental/community development context.
- Technical and managerial experience in Southeast Asia is required.Ã‚Â
- Technical understanding of REDD+ and international carbon markets.
- Energetic and dynamic approach to building partnerships and promoting innovative program initiatives.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for REDD+ and improved forest management issues.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
- Excellent management, communication, and organization skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required.
More informationÃ‚Â here.