Cadmus is seeking interest in senior professionals to serve in the position of Chief of Party (COP) for a five-year, USAID-funded Low Emission Development Strategy (LEDS) Project in Guatemala. The overall objective of the project is to partner with the Government of Guatemala (GOG) to develop and implement a LEDS Project and build institutional capacity in order to reduce the effects of climate change and mitigate GHG emissions. To achieve this, the project will identify ways to support the GOG on the planning, design, policy development, and implementation of the LEDS Project, as well as promote participatory processes with the private sector and civil society.
Responsibilities include (1) providing the vision and overall leadership to the team; (2) managing the Contractor’s technical assistance and program administration; (3) overseeing relationships with sub-contractors/sub-grantees; and (4) helping coordinate USAID/Guatemala assistance with key governmental counterparts and other non-governmental partners.
- The COP must have ten or more years of experience in a managerial position in Guatemala or in Latin America, with a minimum of five years of experience in management or technical assistance in fields related to the subject matter of this project, such as natural resource management, sustainable forestry management, climate change topics, REDD+, biodiversity conservation, etc.
- The COP must have demonstrated skills on problem solving, creativity and willingness to innovate, communication skills and history of collaboration with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, community organizations, NGOs, private sector, research institutions)
- Proven leadership in the administration of similar international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, supervision and budgeting.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field is required; a higher degree is desired.
- Ability to fully and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, in Spanish and English, is required.
Position open until filled.
Read more about the position here.Ã‚Â