The Climate and Air Legislative Affairs Manager will play a leading role in developing and managing EDF’s climate and air legislative and political work. This position reports to Director, Climate Legislative Operations.
- Serve as EDF point person in identifying, developing, and overseeing execution of legislative strategies to advance EDF’s climate and air priorities, both in defense of existing clean air regulatory authority, and pursuing opportunities to further advance these policy goals – especially as they relate to power plants.
- Serve as EDF point person in climate and air legislative coalition work with allied organizations.
- Manage broadly defined clean air policy projects, bringing together people and resources from multiple disciplines, both inside and outside of EDF, to advance EDF’s legislative objectives.
- Conduct and/or oversee research and analysis involving complex activities and multiple data sets, and utilize results to develop and manage communications strategies (including paid, earned, and social media) that build support for climate and air policies at the federal and state level.
- Oversee focused accountability work on climate and air issues, including coordinating communications and field work, and partnering with other organizations and coalitions.
The Legislative Affairs Manager will have at least 7 years of policy or equivalent experience, including experience working with senior Congressional and Administration officials, and coalitions of national-level interest groups and associations. Other desired qualifications include:
- Advanced degree (terminal degree, preferred) with strong experience in science, economics, and/or policy-related fields.
- Experience with legislative and regulatory structures, and solid understanding of the political dynamics surrounding a broad range of climate, air, and energy issues and the wider political context in which they operate.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including ability to: develop vision, mission and strategies; and plan/manage activities of project team.
- Strong written and verbal skills, analytic capabilities and ability to manage a diverse workload in a rapidly evolving environment.
More information here.