Climate Change Coordinator, Asia Region (Bangkok, Thailand) – Care
CARE Denmark (CDK) is seeking a climate change coordinator for the CARE International Poverty, Environment and Climate Change Network (PECCN) in Asia region, focusing on climate change adaptation in the context of smallholder agriculture and food security, and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR). Starting date is April 1st 2013 or as soon as possible with an initial contract period of two years.Ã‚Â
PECCN aims to increase the impact of CARE as a global organization through fostering high quality, innovative programming, and, building on this programming, a focus on learning and advocacy that influences wider policy and practice. As a CARE-led “community of practice”, and the first Centre of Expertise within CARE International (CI), PECCN’s global membership includes hundreds of professionals from CARE and partner organisations committed to addressing the challenges of environmental change from the perspective of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. The post works closely with other CARE network and PECCN core staff as part of a virtual team including regional coordinators, a communications officer, an advocacy and policy officer and a programme officer.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- Create an active learning environment, which facilitates the creation, capture, and sharing of climate change and development knowledge within and between CARE and its partners.
- Develop innovative quality programs that lead to improved policies and practices across CARE and partners.
- Support the operationalisation of gender-equitable approaches in CARE’s work across climate change policy, strategy and program activities.
- Facilitate strategic partnerships in the field of climate change for program implementation, resource mobilisation, learning and advocacy at regional and national levels.
- Position CARE to be able mobilise substantial new and additional financial resources for climate change work of CI Members, Country Offices and PECCN itself.
- Maintain and improve the quality of CARE’s climate change-related programming through continuous improvement and adaptive management.Ã‚Â
- Minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum five years of working experience, including:
- substantial experience in climate change adaptation programming and policy in the context of smallholder agriculture and food security, and/or DRR
- facilitating learning and knowledge management processes
- facilitating and coordinating regional networks
- Substantial experience of living and working in developing countries
- Experience in resource mobilisation with multiple partners and a network approach
- Ability to work remotely but also as part of a global team
- NGO experience an advantage
- Second languages an advantageÃ‚Â
Please visit Care’s website to apply