ICF International is seeking a Chief of Party (CoP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) and other technical experts for an anticipated USAID program aimed to strengthen the resiliency and sustainability of East African economies, trans-boundary freshwater ecosystems, and communities. Positions require at least 10 years of progressively responsible work in managing and implementing international development programs, including experience relative to freshwater resources, biodiversity conservation and climate change. Positions include program management, technical implementation, project administration and operational responsibilities.
The CoP’s primary responsibilities include providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments. The CoP will lead a team of technical experts and sub-contractors in designing, implementing and reporting on this program.Ã‚Â
Hiring for these positions is contingent upon funding from USAID.
Basic Qualifications: Ã‚Â
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, policy, finance or related field.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible work in managing and implementing of climate change adaptation programs, including experience relative to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), biodiversity conservation/natural resources management (NRM), and climate change.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals in international environments
- Master’s degree
- Prior work in East Africa
- Experience with USAID programs and international donor programs on climate change, WASH, and NRM
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies (USG and host), regulatory bodies, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, etc.
- Relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO managing an office or program
- Experience managing international development assistance projects of similar scope and scale
- Knowledge of USAID contracting and program management modalities
Read more about the position here.