Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an international analysis and advisory organization that examines the effectiveness of climate and energy policies. Focusing on major developed and developing country emitters, CPI evaluates policy performance and develops practical advice to help policymakers fast-track best practices. CPI works with governments, the private sector, academia, and others to ensure that our work helps countries achieve low-carbon growth.
CPI is looking for a talented and motivated individual to provide research and analytical support to its India program. Under the supervision of the Senior Director, the analyst will work with government and business to help design policy options that are practical and implementable. Analysts help design and conduct complex assignments in collaboration with other personnel in the India program and CPI programs worldwide.
- Interact with policymakers (e.g., MOF, MNRE, BEE) and other stakeholders (e.g., project developers, banks) at a regular basis, to communicate CPI’s research effectively, and to create policy relevant research questions.
- Perform rigorous quantitative (e.g., empirical) evaluation of national and international climate and energy policies.
- Design and implement complex analytical research assignments.
- Understand and design detailed financial models.
- Assist in the writing and editing of high-quality research products.
The position will require occasional travel to meet with partners and clients in Delhi and elsewhere in India. The position may be, at a later date, converted to a full-time position.
The strongest candidates will demonstrate solid quantitative skills; a proven interest in climate change, clean technology research, or policy analysis; excellent written and oral communication skills; and the ability and desire to generate actionable insights. We place a premium on problem-structuring ability, initiative, flexibility, and professional interaction skills, and on collaborative team players.
- Required Master’s degree (MS/MA/MBA), preferably in one of the following: economics/finance, public policy, and engineering. Candidates with a strong finance background and/or a PhD’s degree preferred.
- Required 5+ years of experience analyzing economics of policy choices, and/or energy and climate markets; government or multi-lateral experience valuable.
- Required prior experience with interacting with policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Understanding of climate and energy policies in place and under discussion in India, and other relevant countries (e.g., China, Brazil, US, etc.).
- An insightful, independent, analytical mind with a strong track record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex situations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex qualitative and quantitative analyses to expert as well as non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and ability to interact with a diverse array of people.
Please submit your application including cover letter, resume, one example of recent work, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Read more about the position here.