Climate Policy Consultants – London, UK (Job Number: 1200001557)
Europe and Asia Group
ICF’s Europe and Asia group offers results and solutions to a broad range of clients in energy, environment, transportation, health, education and social programmes in Europe and Asia. We have advised both private and public sector clients in all facets of climate change and energy for more than 30 years. ICF International provides a portfolio of strategy, analysis, advisory services, and implementation tools to clients. Long recognized for innovative solutions, ICF International’s combination of strategic, policy, risk management, market, and industry expertise enables us to advise clients from the inception of their business plan through the delivery of services.
The ICF London office provides economic, technical and management consulting services in energy efficiency, carbon management, climate policy, energy and carbon market analysis, renewable energy and climate change impacts/adaptation. Our thorough understanding of our clients’ needs enables us to help aid donors, development banks, governments, energy companies and commercial clients in the UK, EU, Russia, Central Europe, Caucasus and Central Asian markets to improve their sustainability. We work frequently with colleagues from other ICF offices, particularly those in Russia, USA, Canada, India and China.
ICF is expanding its activities in Europe, from operational bases in London, Moscow, Almaty, Warsaw and Brussels. To support our growth we seek Climate Policy Consultants to work in our London office. The Consultants will assist more senior colleagues to win, manage and deliver climate policy contracts for EC and government clients, working within a team of economists and technical specialists across our international network of offices. Ã‚Â Ideal candidates will have experience in helping win and deliver climate policy consulting projects, relevant technical and analytical expertise, good knowledge of EU climate and energy policies, flexibility to work across a range of subject areas and an entrepreneurial approach.
- Support senior staff to win, manage and deliver climate (mitigation and adaptation) policy, carbon market and renewable energy contracts for the EC, governments, donor agencies and financial sector clients.
- Support the growth of the London climate policy business, working closely with the ICF London leadership team and with experienced technical and economics staff from other ICF offices.
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of public sector clients.
- Support the implementation of a range of technical/economic climate policy projects.
- Assist the development of expertise and intellectual property within the company on climate policy issues.
- Degree in economics, engineering or science.Ã‚Â
- 3+ years relevant professional experience in a consulting background.
- Experience successfully delivering climate policy contracts for European Commission, government and finance clients.
- Knowledge of EU climate change and energy policies.
- Willing to travel within UK, Russia, Central Asia, Europe and North America.
- Relevant masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge of EU industrial emissions policies.
- Expertise in developing market-based instruments, Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Experience working on international consulting projects.
- Competitiveness impact assessment experience
- Sales and marketing experience
- Analytical skills specifically in climate policy and economics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to lead and work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries and time zones.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.