Strong candidates will demonstrate solid quantitative skills, a proven interest in climate change, clean technology research, or policy analysis, excellent written and oral communication skills, and an ability to generate actionable insights. Successful candidates will be expected to pursue robust and careful quantitative analysis.
Qualified analysts will have the opportunity to work on certain select projects in direct support of the Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, and funder of CPI. We will place a premium on problem structuring, initiative, and flexibility in our hiring.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Perform rigorous quantitative evaluation of national and international climate and energy policies
- Design complex research assignments
- Coordinate and drive cross-office research assignments
- Assist in the writing and editing of CPI products
- Assist with production and quality control of outgoing work products
- Produce high-quality materials
- May require significant international travel
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â BS or BA required.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 1 + years of experience analyzing economics of policy choices, and/or energy and climate markets; government or multi-lateral experience valuable.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Understanding of climate and energy policies in place and under discussion in relevant countries.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â An insightful, independent, analytical mind with a strong track record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex situations.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex qualitative and quantitative analyses to expert as well as non-technical audiences.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Foreign language abilities strongly preferred, Mandarin required for one of the positions.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Exceptional attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Professionalism, poise, sense of humor, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and ability to interact with a diverse array of people.
TITLE AND COMPENSATION
CPI is hiring for two positions. The last day to apply is November 25. The position will be located in San Francisco, USA. Title and highly competitive compensation will be based on experience.
Please send your application including cover letter, CV, one example of recent work, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.