1. Effectively communicate key messages and vibrant representation of RRI.
- Draft clear, exciting text for RRI newsletter, blog, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Assist in updating www.rightsandresources.org so that it fully represents the activities and programs of the Coalition, and serves as a useful tool for members, donors and interested stakeholders.
- Manage the production process (editing, translating, and formatting) and dissemination of RRI publications.
- Editing and assist with final preparation and dissemination (organization, storage, gathering and shipping) of long publications and short papers for local, domestic and international events
- Participate in planning for Communications and Global Programs, with emphasis on providing input on how to best position these programs for maximum impact based on evolving RRI priorities.
2. Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Support internal communication & coordination needs of a diverse international coalition.
- Assist with the compilation, editing and production of regular updates and reports of activities to the Coalition and its supporters.
- Support coordination and preparation for annual meetings of the Coalition and periodic meetings of the Board of Directors, working under the guidance of the RRI Coordinator and senior staff.
- Provide logistics and research support for RRI supported major domestic and international events.
3. Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Provide general administrative work closely and willingly undertake other tasks as requested. Must be able to work closely with the Communications & Coordination Manager, other colleagues and office interns to support for the program.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Including:
- Ability to sense and convey contextually appropriate tone and style for formal and informal communication.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct content for outreach and reporting.
- Ability to edit text written by others, to make complex text more accessible without compromising message and content.
- Must be fluent in English. Fluency in a secondary language (Spanish/French) is preferred.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, with attention to meticulous detail.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of graphic design software (including Adobe InDesign).
- A Bachelors Degree in International Affairs (or related field) or Communications is required. Previous communications experience and time living/working in a developing country is highly preferred.
Strong candidates will also have an interest in social justice, equity, and human rights and a passion to be part of a team to advance global progress on these issues.
Please send a cover letter, your rÃƒÂ©sumÃƒÂ©, and a short writing sample in English and a second language (if applicable) to human resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the position title “Communications & Coordination Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted immediately and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Apply early.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please
Rights and Resources Group is a non-profit organization that serves as the coordinating mechanism for the Rights and Resources Initiative, a global coalition to advance forest tenure, policy and market reforms. Rights and Resources Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.