For ten years, The Gold Standard has pioneered the way climate change is addressed. Established in Ã‚Â 2003 by WWF, The Gold Standard is the only certification standard trusted and endorsed by more than 80 NGOs Ã‚Â worldwide. Its Ã‚Â ‘results based finance’ approach -Ã‚Â‐ Ã‚Â in which individuals, corporations and Ã‚Â governments buy Ã‚Â credits Ã‚Â against verified and Ã‚Â certified Ã‚Â emission Ã‚Â reductions and sustainable development Ã‚Â outcomes -Ã‚Â‐ Ã‚Â is channeling more than half a billion Euros int Ã‚Â 900+ low carbon development Ã‚Â projects that would Ã‚Â otherwise not have gone ahead. The Intern will Ã‚Â be based in the Geneva Ã‚Â head Ã‚Â office and Ã‚Â will Ã‚Â assist with communications, advocacy and general office work. Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
The work you do could have significant real-Ã‚Âworld impacts Ã‚Â because you will be helping to further build the profile, reputation and Ã‚Â brand of The Gold Standard Foundation -Ã‚Â‐ Ã‚Â highlighting Ã‚Â to governments, Ã‚Â the Ã‚Â private sector and donors The Gold Standard approach Ã‚Â to the deployment of carbon finance. Ã‚Â
Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- Assist the marketing and communications manager with Ã‚Â the online profile building of, and advocacy for, The Gold Standard.
- Produce feature stories and other media materials for The Gold Standard website, newsletter and other publications. Ã‚Â
- The annual audit of Ã‚Â our Portfolio Pledge programme, Ã‚Â where companies commit to a certain percentage of Gold Standard Ã‚Â projects or credits as Ã‚Â a Ã‚Â part of Ã‚Â their climate portfolios. Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- Update and Ã‚Â manage the contact database Ã‚Â to ensure that it actively and Ã‚Â effectively targets keyÃ‚Â stakeholder groups. Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- Support the marketing and communications manager Ã‚Â and business development manager withÃ‚Â our NGO engagement work.
- Assist Ã‚Â in other miscellaneous tasks that arise in the course of our weekly work. Ã‚Â
- A bright, motivated graduate student majoring in communications or marketing. Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- Available in Geneva for the Ã‚Â 6-Ã‚Âmonth Ã‚Â duration Ã‚Â of the internship, ideally full time, Ã‚Â from August/September 2013 – December 2013/January Ã‚Â 2014 (negotiable). Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- A citizen or legal resident of Switzerland with eligibility to work. Ã‚Â
- Able to demonstrate a Ã‚Â successful track record of achievement at previous internships or jobs. Ã‚Â
- Interested in Ã‚Â climate change, climate finance and development. Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- A strong writer and Ã‚Â web-savvy researcher able to give and take constructive feedback and who is not afraid to ask questions.
- An expert in Microsoft Office, Ã‚Â able to work well Ã‚Â both independently and within a Ã‚Â variety of Ã‚Â teams, contexts and cultures. Ã‚Â
- The candidate must be flexible, confident, motivated and meticulous with excellent follow-Ã‚Âthrough and have a good sense of humour. Ã‚Â
- Mother tongue or equivalent English language skills, other languages an advantage.Ã‚Â
Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
Please send your electronic application, including a letter of motivation outlining what you Ã‚Â would Ã‚Â like out of Ã‚Â the internship, a CV and a half page writing sample related to climate change, the environment or development, to: Ã‚Â
Tanya Petersen, Director of Communications and Marketing: Tanya@cdmgoldstandard.org
The deadline for applications is Friday, July 5th.
Read more about the position here.