The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc. (RGGI, Inc.) seeks to hire a Communications Manager to be based in New York City.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for development and implementation of communications related to all aspects of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), including auctions, allowances tracking and engagement with stakeholders.
Qualified candidates must have two years of experience in communications and a demonstrated grasp of issues related to energy and environmental policy. Candidates must also be independent, highly organized and efficient, be an effective liaison with the press, have outstanding communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
RGGI, Inc. is a non-profit corporation created to provide technical and administrative services to the states participating in RGGI. RGGI is the nation’s first market-based regulatory program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Written, Oral & Graphic Materials
- Prepare written, oral and graphic communication materials for use by RGGI, Inc. and the RGGI states. This including but is not limited to news releases, fact sheets, program and research reports summaries, charts and presentations.
- Manage content and organization of RGGI website. Organize and prepare information for presentation on the web. Evaluate and continually update web content (using JOOMLA content management system) as RGGI activities evolve.
- Continually evaluate and update communications materials to ensure consistency and clarity.
Media and Public Relations
- Manage day-to-day media relations for RGGI, Inc. Respond and manage media inquiries and requests for interviews. Manage and prepare interview briefings.
- Maintain and augment RGGI, Inc.’s existing media database. Cultivate relationships with
- RGGI, Inc.’s existing media contacts (print, broadcast, etc.).
- Monitor media and industry reports on RGGI and develop weekly summaries of articles related to RGGI. Maintain and document RGGI, Inc. accomplishments and activities.
- Coordinate responses to public inquires.
- Work with the Executive Director and state agencies to implement operational communications plans.
- Work with Executive Director and state agencies to develop and deploy communications materials. Consistently evaluate, update and propose new materials to support RGGI implementation.
- Identify speaking and conference events opportunities to provide information on RGGI.
- Work with state agencies to track and collate information on state investments of RGGI
- auction proceeds.
- At least two years of work experience in communications, with demonstrated experience related to sustainability, environmental policy or energy.
- A Bachelors degree, preferably in journalism, communications, environmental policy, or a related field.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- PC proficiency.
- Experience with JOOMLA content management system, other content management skills and and/or web design is a plus.
- Experience with graphic design or production work is a plus.
Candidates Must Have the Ability to:
- Manage projects independently and think strategically.
- Initiate, implement and evaluate administrative procedures.
- Organize resources and establish priorities in a fast paced and pressured environment.
- Manage multiple projects and deliver against deadlines.
- Prepare clear and effectiveÃ‚Â communication materials
- Manage a flow of information between the Executive Director and participating RGGI
- Communicate effectively with media and general public.