The selected candidate will be part of the Resilient Cities team that ICLEI maintains at the World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany.
This position will support the Resilient Cities team with pre and post congress activities related to the Resilient Cities congress series – the annual Global Forum on Urban Resilience and Adaptation to climate change – including Resilient Cities 2014, held 29-31 May 2014 and Resilient Cities 2015, to be held 8-10 June 2015, as well as related regional events. The position will focus primarily on:
(1) Communication and outreach activities (in English):
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of online and printed material to market the congress series and related events via the Resilient Cities monthly newsletter, websites, blog, twitter account, partner sites and mailing lists, brochures, flyers, and other promotional material
- Support outreach and communication to congress partners and thematic networks
- Support the editing and layout of congress related publications and website, as needed
- Assist with queries related to the congress series and related events
(2) Event logistics and participant management
- Assist with event logistics including communication with the venue and local service providers
- Support the public call for contributions andÃ‚Â participant registration processes
- Assist with the administration of funded participants including related communications, if needed
- Use databases to manage contributors, participants, and partners
(3) Contribute to the further advancement of the Resilient Cities program, assisting with thematic research, development of the resilient resource library, and evaluation and recording activities
- Degree in a relevant subject such as Communications, Events Management, International Relations, Urban Planning & Management or similar;
- Interest and experience in event organizing;
- Team player with an organized working style, creative and pro-active attitude
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Confident user of Microsoft Office, experience with web editing (Typo3 or other CMS) and desktop publishing software (InDesign) preferred, some experience with databases and social media is an asset;
- Excellent command of English and German languages (written and spoken), additional languages a plus;
- Interest in the areas of cities and local government is an asset.
- The ideal candidate will be interested in developing his or her skills in event logistics and communications. Please note that while this position may at times support the work of the program team, involvement in the program development and content will be minimal.