- GIS data creation, acquisition and manipulation
- Field map production
- Assist full-time and seasonal staff with creation and editing of geographic data
- Software installation and troubleshooting
- Creation of GIS help documents
- Other duties as assigned, including the possibility of field work
- Experience using GIS software for natural resource management/analysis
- Completion or current enrollment in a natural resource related field of study (Biology, Geography, Geology, Environmental Studies, etc.
- 16+ credit hours (undergraduate/graduate) in GIS/Cartography
- Demonstrated knowledge of ArcGIS 10 software, Spatial Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst, 3D Analyst, Erdas Imagine, Microsoft Access, Google Earth, Photoshop
- Strong background working with a variety of coordinate systems and performing coordinate transformations from variable datasets
- Basic knowledge of geodatabase design and principles
- Demonstrated experience documenting data manipulation procedures
- Excellent quality assurance/quality control skills
- Experience with GPS data collection and management.
Read more about the position here.