This position will direct efforts toward building NRG’s carbon offsets business.
- Legislation: understand current legislation, monitor potential changes and assess impact of such changes.
- Regulations/exchanges: understand current protocols, monitor potential changes and assess impact of such changes.
- Products: understand carbon products and valuation differences between products
- Projects: understand eligibility requirements under alternate protocols and fit between project types and certification regimes.Ã‚Â
- Educate internal constituents on market developments on regular basis.
- Work with Legal to maintain inventory of purchase/sale contract templates and commercial terms covering alternate structures.
- Work with Structure to value transactions and structure them to optimize risk/reward.
- Negotiate commercial terms with 3rd parties.
- Secure internal approvals to transact
- Develop where necessary systems/processes to track leads/deals/products
- Maintain contact database and leads tracking database.
- Ensure internal communications on potential transactions
- Ensure adherence to internal governance for transactions
- Support administration of contracts.
- Negotiate MOUs/LOIs/Term Sheets for project concepts
- Develop due diligence checklists
- Monitor progress in accomplishing due diligence tasks and manage performance of such tasks.
- Assemble team of internal and external resources to perform development work and manage them.
- Provide timely updates to management and secure approvals as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of energy industry experience. MBA preferred.
- Solid commercial and analytic understanding of commodities
- Knowledge of current market structure and rules for offsets, RECs and other emission products.
- Transactional experience in carbon offset products.
- Ability to manage complex projects to closure, attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform within a matrix organizational environment.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including internet, Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to travel domestically in US and overseas.
NRG Energy, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer