As a core staff position within the CI Singapore Office, the Director of Corporate Relations will engage directly with industry leaders to promote Conservation International and its programs in the region. The Director will cultivate and manage partnerships within Singapore and the greater Asia-Pacific region across various sectors.Ã‚Â
The Director will maintain and enhance relationships with the Asia-Pacific Business & Sustainability Council, a network of multinational and regional corporations established by CI, recruit new corporate members into the Council, and organize its meetings, create the programmatic agenda in conjunction with partners, and staff Council events.Ã‚Â
The Director will recruit corporations to a newly funded initiative in Indonesia that seeks to demonstrate the value of public-private partnerships in sustainable land practices with a focus on low-carbon business development.Ã‚Â
The Director will also lead efforts in raising revenue from current and new corporate partners for a symposium scheduled to be held in September 2012 in Singapore.
The Director will help CI meet its corporate contribution goals and establish mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with leading businesses and trade associations. The director will coordinate negotiations of corporate partner agreements in program areas including climate leadership and forest carbon, field conservation projects, business tools for conservation, joint communications initiatives, involvement in leadership forums and sponsorship opportunities.
The Director will manage multi-faceted relationships with large scale companies and interact with senior executives at those companies to establish partnerships at the 6-7 figure level.
The Director will draw upon, synthesize and manage participation from all parts of CI to integrate input from its various divisions as well as CI’s executive leadership and legal and finance departments, from concept development, proposal writing, deal negotiation, reporting, evaluation and communications, in initiating and sustaining corporate relationships.
The Director will provide other support to the Singapore office, the Asia-Pacific region and Conservation International as determined by the Managing Director, Singapore Office.
- 5+ years experience in corporate partnership development and management
- Presence and ability to establish strong relationships with senior executives in partner companies
- Ability to leverage corporate relationships and fundraising in support of CI institutional objectives for communications, marketing and branding
- Ability to create innovative strategies, partnerships, and programs without existing models
- Demonstrated fundraising experience at 6-7 figure level
- Good working knowledge of public policy and private sector developments on the environment at the international, national, state and local levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work in team settings across cultures and internally within a diverse institution
- Ability to deliver results while managing competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with corporate partners and with other non-governmental organizations
- Passion for the conservation of nature and the involvement of businesses in the solution to the world’s most pressing environmental challenges
- Competency in Chinese or other regional language a plus
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree also a plus, as is management experience
Permanent/Part Time: Permanent Full Time
Read more about the position here.