The Crichton Carbon Centre is looking to appoint a Director of Projects. Ã‚Â We would like to hear from youÃ‚Â
if you have project management experience in the field of environmental impact or sustainableÃ‚Â
development, would be interested in leading the implementation of a range of projects that are alreadyÃ‚Â
running within the Centre in these areas, and have the energy and ability to develop new project ideasÃ‚Â
from scratch, identify and secure their funding and deliver them. Ã‚Â You will be an excellent communicatorÃ‚Â
with highly developed organisational skills and the ability to coach and mentor staff. Ã‚Â A willingness toÃ‚Â
contribute to the Centre’s post-graduate teaching programmes is also essential.
Crichton Carbon Centre:
The Crichton Carbon Centre is a not-for-profit post-graduate teaching and research organisation basedÃ‚Â
on the Crichton University Campus in Dumfries. Ã‚Â It was established in 2007 in response to growingÃ‚Â
interest in and concern about climate change. Our goal is to help people and organisations understandÃ‚Â
the challenges and opportunities that climate change presents and the part that they can play inÃ‚Â
creating a low carbon society.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of delivering projects that have been successful inÃ‚Â
creating positive environmental outcomes and contributing to the sustainable development agenda.
Importantly, you will have in depth knowledge in one or more of carbon management, energy efficiency,Ã‚Â
water footprinting or waste management with practical experience of monitoring, management andÃ‚Â
reporting in these areas.
Demonstrable experience in project planning and management, financial control, recruiting, coachingÃ‚Â
and mentoring staff is essential. Ã‚Â
So too is a dynamic and positive attitude towards collaborating with peers and senior management inÃ‚Â
strategic business planning, including organisational change, proposition development and fund-raising.
The Centre also delivers post-graduate teaching in collaboration with the School of InterdisciplinaryÃ‚Â
Studies at the University of Glasgow, and the successful candidate would be expected to contribute toÃ‚Â
the development and delivery of lectures and workshops, the design and conduct of studentÃ‚Â
assignments and the supervision of work placements and dissertations.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking at rapidly developing their career within aÃ‚Â
dynamic organisation that is working at the intersection of commerce, academia and policy.
The post is based on the Crichton University Campus in Dumfries, south-west Scotland. Ã‚Â The successfulÃ‚Â
candidate will either be resident in the area already or willing to relocate. Ã‚Â If you would like to find outÃ‚Â
more about Dumfries and Galloway, the pioneering green corner of Scotland, go to VisitScotland. Ã‚Â GivenÃ‚Â
the nature of the post evening and weekend work may be required from time to time as will travelÃ‚Â
outwith the area. Ã‚Â A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is therefore essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering projects, working with a wideÃ‚Â
variety of stakeholders. Ã‚Â This is a senior post, which will involve managing staff, budgets and clientÃ‚Â
relationships, key aspects of which include:
- taking full P&L responsibility for delivering Crichton Carbon Centre projects, providing leadershipÃ‚Â while directly supporting implementation to ensure that all objectives are met on time and withinÃ‚Â budget;
- initiating and contributing to new business development in the private, public and third sectors,Ã‚Â working up new ideas into proposals to secure funding and then overseeing their implementation;
- developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all project stakeholders,Ã‚Â providing timely reporting and analysis of project outcomes; and
- contributing to the Centre’s post-graduate teaching programmes in Applied Carbon ManagementÃ‚Â and Professional Practice in Sustainability, bringing a practitioner’s perspective to bear inÃ‚Â developing and delivering lectures, workshops, e-learning materials and student assignments.
We offer the successful candidates the opportunity to:
- work with a team dedicated to broadening engagement in the sustainable development agendaÃ‚Â through Ã‚Â a wide range of business and community projects and outreach programmes;
- challenge our MSc students with new ideas on delivering low carbon sustainable societies; and
- help shape a dynamic organisation committed to delivering a sustainable future
For more information on this position, click here