The Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is seeking an individual to join our small, dynamic, and collaborative team to lead the organizationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s business development and marketing efforts, and work with the Executive Director and senior staff on strategic program development and implementation. This is a new, senior level position at CRS that reports to the Executive Director. This director contributes at a high level to overall CRS strategic direction and vision, and is responsible for directing and implementing, in coordination with senior staff, product development, marketing and sales strategies for the Green-e programs and other CRS initiatives. There is an expectation that the position will generate new revenue for CRS through increased certifications or other work as result of outreach, targeted marketing and relationship development, and that this position will maintain and grow CRSÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s reputation for credibility and independence as a non-profit in the energy and environmental sector.
- Green-e Programs Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Marketing, Strategy and Partnership/Stakeholder Engagement
- Lead CRS strategy/implementation/marketing/messaging/outreach for initiatives focused on certification of competitive electricity products and green pricing products (initial focus on competitive electricity markets), and certification of companiesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ use of renewable energy through direct power purchase agreements of renewable electricity, renewable energy certificates, offsets and/or onsite generation.
- Manage new client outreach, marketing and in-take for Green-e Energy.
- Provide marketing strategy support for Green-e Climate.
- Provide strategic guidance and marketing support, in cooperation with Green-e Marketplace Manager, for CRS initiatives to engage with purchasers of Green-e certified renewable energy and carbon offset products and in the development of new partnership relationships that are beneficial to increasing Green-e program reach.
- Manage the changes and updates to the Green-e Energy National Standard, including stakeholder engagements, in coordination with key staff, and, in coordination with administrative support and other senior staff, coordinate interactions with the Green-e Governance Board.
- Manage updates to Green-e fee structures, in cooperation with Green-e program managers.
- Lead development of CRS solar programs, consistent with CRS strategic objectives.
- Support the annual Renewable Energy Markets conference by initiating sponsorship relationships.
- Represent CRS with outside stakeholders and at public forums, and increase the organization’s linkages in the clean energy, climate and sustainability industries.
- Contribute to CRS policy and expert assistance work, as needed.
- This position will require regular travel.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MBA or equivalent education/experience, with B-to-B marketing experience.
- 8-10+ years in related industry.
- Significant experience in electricity markets, with preferred experience in green power markets and with the Green-e programs.
- Significant experience in developing and implementing effective marketing and business development strategies, preferably in green power or related industry.
- Comfort and expertise in leading collaborative projects in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with and insight into the perspectives of CRSÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s customers, partners and consumers of Green-e certified products.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through January 30, 2014. Please submit a resume and cover letter to jobs [at] resource-solutions [dot] org in one combined file titled with your name. Please include the job title in the subject line. Indicate why you are interested in the position, a summary of your qualifications for the position, and your available start date. No calls or email inquiries please. Employment will be contingent upon completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
About Center for Resource Solutions (CRS)
CRS is a national nonprofit with global impact. CRS brings forth expert responses to climate change issues with the speed and effectiveness necessary to provide real-time solutions. Our leadership through collaboration and environmental innovation builds policies and consumer-protection mechanisms in renewable energy, greenhouse gas reductions, and energy efficiency that foster healthy and sustained growth in national and international markets.
CRS does not discriminate based on race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CRS provides a robust benefits package for full-time employees including a matching program for 401(k) retirement and commute benefits. CRS is located in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in San Francisco’s Presidio National Park.
Read more about the positionÃ‚Â here.