carbonjobs is currently assisting a respected carbon and energy research and consultancy client source an experienced carbon markets modeller for a newly created role.
- Lead the development of energy, carbon and clean energy (REC) price models for the Australian and New Zealand market, along with regional CDM/CER markets
- Undertake a range of carbon cost and scenario modelling within the Australian carbon market
- Undertake advisory modelling projects on behalf of corporate and capital markets customers
- Liaise with senior corporate and capital markets stakeholders to explain market drivers and outputs of research models
Desired practical experience:
- Solid knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand carbon market
- Solid knowledge of the Australian REC market
- Sound knowledge of the European ETS and regional CDM/CER markets
- Advanced modelling skills and experience with MS Excel, Access and VBA
- Price forecasting experience within the energy or carbon industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, is an essential requirement
Once the carbon and energy price forecasting tool has been developed, likely to be Ã‚Â a six month project, the successful incumbent will have the chance to engage further with regional clients promoting and developing the offering further.
This is a rare chance to work within Australia and gain direct exposure to trending carbon and energy market conditions throughout Asia and Europe.
Contact: John Revie – e: email@example.com Ã‚Â | Ã‚Â p: +61 (0) 420 970 334
More information here.