ONF International, a consultancy firm affiliated to the French state forest agency (ONF, Office national des forÃƒÂªts)Ã‚Â has beenÃ‚Â working for more than 10 years in Latin America, Africa, South-East Asia in the areas of forest expertise, management of natural resources and protected areas, bio-energies, technical and institutional capacity-building on environmental issues and fight against climate change (A/R CDM or VCS and REDD+). For more information, please refer to:Ã‚Â http://www.onfinternational.org.
RegardingÃ‚Â climate change, ONF International supports Governments in preparingÃ‚Â climate negotiations, and also their national REDD+ strategy and plan of actions. FurthermoreÃ‚Â ONF international supports private stakeholders to develop and implement REDD+ projects or even acts as a project operator. Through its activities, ONFI international acquired a first-hand expertise on the design and implementation of afforestation/reforestation and REDD+ projects.
Based in Paris, she/he will integrate the climate change unit of ONF International presently in full development. She/he will have 4 main tasks:
- To organise the responses to the call for bids related to AFOLU (AR – CDM or VCS, REDD+ – VCS or CCBS) or energy (non renewable biomass – Gold standard) projects;
- To develop the methodologies of such projects;
- To participate in the elaboration and/or validation and/or verification of Project idea note and Project design documents;
- To undertake international missions to support projects developers on the ground.
- MSc or PhD in agronomy and/or forestry and/or economics of development;
- Creativity, strong sense of initiatives, multivalent and autonomous;
- Excellent relational skills and able to work collaboratively in a cross-cultural team environment;
- Able to do frequent missions abroad;
- An excellent level in English and a fair level in French and Spanish;
- A good knowledge of tropical forests;
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience in carbon project development;
- A good knowledge of GIS software (ArcGIS) and carbon tools (TARAM) is a plus;
- A preference will be given to theÃ‚Â Latin American candidates.
- Ã‚Â 6-months contract that should evolve into a permanent one;
- Visa procedures and housing in Paris organised by ONF International;
- Salary: depending on the profile and level of experience;
- Position opening: 1stÃ‚Â of September 2011.
Send a cover letter and your resume by email beforeÃ‚Â 15th of July 2011Ã‚Â toÃ‚Â email@example.com