External Affairs Executive
The CarbonNeutral Company is looking to appoint an experienced researcher and writer with excellent organisational skills for a varied, full-time role in the Company’s London offices starting October 2011.Ã‚Â
Half the role is managing the UK’s All Party Parliamentary Climate Change Group, one of the largest and most active issue groups in Parliament, for which The CarbonNeutral Company acts as Secretariat.Ã‚Â This work includes:
- Organising and running parliamentary events
- Researching current climate change issues
- Writing and producing the APPCCG’s minutes, reports, publications, and external communications
- Recruiting new members
- Managing the APPCCG’s administration and finances
- Maintaining an active web presence for the APPCCG
The other half is work directly for The CarbonNeutral Company, and includes, but is not limited to:
- Researching and writing client briefings on carbon market developments and climate change policy
- Writing and reviewing white papers and position papers on topics of interest to clients and prospects of The CarbonNeutral Company
- Managing and contributing to the Company’s involvement with leading international industry bodies, including the Carbon Markets and Investors Association, the International Emissions Trading Association, and the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance
- Co-ordinating the work of The CarbonNeutral Company’s Advisory Forum, a 10+ group of international experts advising the Company on specific commercial and technical issues
- Strong self-motivation and ability to set and manage personal priorities
- Superb project management, organisational skills, attention to detail, and experience in managing events
- Research experience in climate change, environmental policies, and carbon markets
- Proven ability to write concisely, clearly, and with flair
- Confident and professional interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage high-level contacts across public and business sectors
- A high degree of IT literacy
- Bachelor’s degree (at minimum)
About The CarbonNeutral Company
The CarbonNeutral Company is a world-leading provider of carbon reduction solutions.
Since 1997 we have focused on helping businesses achieve value from reducing their carbon emissions through offset-inclusive carbon management plans and we currently work with more than 500 businesses in 32 countries.Ã‚Â Our comprehensive knowledge of the carbon market, combined with our unwavering commitment to understanding clients’ needs and delivering beyond their expectations is what drives our approach.Ã‚Â
We are headquartered in London with offices in New York and Singapore.Ã‚Â Our global team combines experience working in international B2B corporations, carbon markets and trading, carbon project development, engineering, marketing communications, consulting and sustainable energy management.Ã‚Â We expect members of our team to perform to a standard of excellence, showing enthusiasm, energy and commitment.
Ã‚Â£27 – 32k dependent on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter, and a writing sample to Catherine Martin at Catherine.email@example.com by end of business 22 September.Ã‚Â Writing samples must not exceed two pages, and should be examples of informative writing aimed at a general audience, preferably written in a professional rather than an academic context. (If necessary, you may submit an excerpt from a longer work.)
Interviews will take place the week beginning 26th September.Ã‚Â The successful candidate will start in the week beginning 3rd October 2011.