Center for Resource Solutions and Green-e Marketplace are seeking a full-time Green-e Marketplace Analyst to assist with program implementation and management. Green-e Marketplace is a unique certification program that recognizes organizations using certified renewable energy and enables them to demonstrate their environmental commitment through the use of the nationally recognized Green-e logo. The Green-e suite of programs is administered by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions (CRS), located in the Presidio of San Francisco, California.
This is a great opportunity to gain practical renewable energy, climate change, and corporate social responsibility experience. The Green-e Marketplace Analyst position is 40 hours a week, and will start in early 2011, as early as the Analyst is available. As both Green-e Marketplace and CRS’s needs continually evolve, there is potential for growth within the position and organizationÃ‚Â
The Analyst should expect to spend the majority of their time on the following types of activities. The list below is not exhaustive:
Green-e Marketplace (90%)
• Perform verification processes and review program participant submissions
• Manage relationships and contracts with program participants
• Develop written content for Green-e Marketplace aimed at educating renewable energy consumers, including case studies, press releases, white papers, blog posts, and tweets
• Perform e-mail, phone, and in-person outreach to industry organizations and candidate participants
• Conduct an annual survey and compile and analyze results
• Research renewable energy technologies and standards
• Perform program administration duties such as meeting minutes, mailings, and website updates
• Respond to general Green-e Marketplace and Green-e Climate email inquiries and hotline
• Execute and improve logo compliance processesÃ‚Â
Other Activities (10%)
• Provide research support to Green-e Climate and Energy programs as needed
• Other projects as they arise and as the Analyst has interest and ability
The ideal candidate for this position will be have a college degree in a related field, excellent research and organizational skills, Microsoft Excel and Salesforce competency, a passion for renewable energy and an ability to think strategically. Substantive knowledge of and experience with corporate social responsibility, energy management, renewable energy or carbon offsets is preferred.
Compensation and Scheduling
This is a full-time, paid, professional position. The Analyst is expected to work from the CRS office in the Presidio of San Francisco the majority of the time. The CRS office is open Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, and there is some flexibility of arrival and departure times. Limited travel is a possibility. In addition to a base salary, CRS provides medical, vision and dental insurance, as well as a retirement savings plan.
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position, your applicable knowledge and experience, and your available start date. Cover letter and resume should be sent to jobs [at] resource-solutions [dot] org. Please use the subject line “Green-e Marketplace Analyst”. No calls please.