As a business sustainability consultancy, SGS support manufacturers and retailers in the implementation of sustainable development into their organization, product & packaging and supply chain. SGS seeks to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic Green House Gas Project Manager. The main purpose of this role is to contribute to the development of the Sustainability services business in North America, with particular emphasis on supporting development in emerging markets within the SGS network. This is a technical, management, and client development position. This position requires extensive coordination and communication with Ecodesign, greenhouse gas, and sustainability groups throughout North America and potentially abroad. The candidate will work with our existing sustainability groups to manage projects and lead tasks. Greenhouse Gas projects will focus on emissions calculations, inventories, reduction planning for clients impacted by regulatory reporting and/or participating in voluntary programs. This position will be supporting business development efforts and making recommendations for growth opportunities by contributing to sales and by demonstrating merits of the financial, technical and environmental benefits of greenhouse gas management and sustainable actions. The candidate will be interfacing directly with clients and addressing client problems/questions/comments in a clear and professional manner.
Consumer Testing Services
- Be responsible to develop and support the implementation of business growth strategies in North America in conjunction with local sustainability managers; be reliable for the Climate change revenue targets.
- Be the key contact and work closely with the SGS Global team in Europe and in Asia to ensure a consistent approach is adopted throughout the SGS network
- Identify and drive specific opportunities for future developments
- Support SGS sales and marketing activities
- Liaise with external International bodies to ensure that SGS is properly represented in discussions linked to Climate change topic and achieve opportunities to develop and present its view within the industry.
- Represent SGS at external conferences
- Conducting Green House Gas accounting
- Consulting with clients to assist them in their understanding and implementation of a greenhouse gas reduction strategy
- Deliver high quality studies and reports to clients
- Preparing reports and presentations
- Developing unique solutions
- Boost the Climate change business with specific plan to win market shares
- Establish plans to develop new services
- The position may directly manage or supervise employees, delegate work, and/or be responsible for evaluation
- The position requires travel up to 50% of the time, in North America. International travels are not excluded.Ã‚Â
- Bachelor of Science degree in relevant Engineering or Science subject. Masters degree in related discipline can substitute for 1 year of work experience. PhD degree in related discipline can substitute for up to 3 years of work experience.
- Requires a minimum of five years experience in energy management, greenhouse gas inventories, sustainability planning, and GHG reduction project implementation including at least two of those years with project management experience.
- Project Management requirements for this position includes a proven track record of leading and managing numerous projects, managing staff and budgets, as well as technical deliverables.
- Requires familiarity with the EPA Mandatory Reporting Rule for GHG emissions, specifically Subparts C, W and Y. The ideal candidate will also have familiarity with the California Air Resources Board regulations and voluntary GHG reporting frameworks such as the Climate Action Reserve and the Climate Registry.
- Must have familiarity with the concepts of sustainability (environment, social and economic aspects) or Environmental Management Systems, such as ISO 14001, ISO 14006, ISO 14062
- Candidate must have scientific, engineering, and business technical expertise, staff management and organizational skills, as well as be ready for client interaction and proposal writing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Proficient with MS Office including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must be able to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks, as well as the ability to professionally represent the company, work proactively with clients to drive projects, and have the highest level of commitment and motivation to represent a growing practice.
- Excellent communication skills
- Client-driven and results-oriented
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in Green House Gas accounting and Climate change practices at the international level
- Ability to operate at the customer ‘board level’
- Autonomous and organized
- Enthusiastic and team-orientedÃ‚Â
We provide a competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits; including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement programs, and Company Paid Life Insurance.
SGS is much more than just a place to work. It’s a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and grow.
- The requirements listed above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign, change or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read more here.