Acre has been engaged by a FTSE 250 residential developer to identify a new Sustainability Manager.
With sustainability running through the heart of their business, you will work from the head office, reporting into the Head of Sustainability within a wider team of 11 sustainability professionals. Ã‚Â You will assist the group in working towards becoming one of the most sustainable businesses in the UK. Ã‚Â This will include helping to set the strategy, coordinating within the wider business framework, internal and external communications and participation benchmarking activities.
Key areas of responsibility
- Keeping up-to-date with the sustainability agenda and ensuring the organisations strategy is prominentÃ‚Â
- Communicating the strategy internally via the Group Sustainability Forum and via the intranet
- Communicating the strategy externally through corporate reporting and the company website
- Identifying relevant external benchmarks, indices and awards and mange submissions to these
- Tracking performance at a Group level and ensuring specific commitments are implemented
- Adopting a proactive approach to improving performance and promoting sustainability to all staffÃ‚Â
- Several years experience working in a strategic sustainability role.
- Must also be confident, articulate and resilient in your approach, with the ability to apply sustainability principles in a commercially focused manner.
- Good knowledge of sustainability issues, preferably within the construction/house building industry
- A broad view of sustainability, focussing not only on environmental issues, but also the relative importance of social and economic impacts of their activities
- The ability to motivate people to change their behaviour
- Experience of delivering training
- A full UK driving licence
Circa Ã‚Â£40,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
More information here.