Det Norske Veritas (DNV) is an independent foundation with the objective of safeguarding life, property, and the environment. Since 1864, when the foundation was established in Norway, we have grown from our shipping roots to become a worldwide industry leader and provider of Risk Management services. DNV has a network of 300 offices in about 100 countries, and about 9,000 employees worldwide.
Department Marketing Statement
DNV Sustainability & Innovation (DNV S&I) is the sustainability arm of the company. DNV S&I established an office in San Francisco in 2008 to serve the needs of the North American Market and nowadays it is the central office for managing DNV’s Climate Change and Environmental services in the Americas. With additional offices in Katy (TX), Vancouver (Canada), Mexico City (Mexico) and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), DNV’s climate change service is a leading provider of validation and verification services in the Americas Region.
DNV has been consistently nominated by market surveys as the best validator/verifier for CDM projects and is the leading CDM validator/verifier by market share. DNV USA Inc validated the first REDD VCS methodology and validated/verified the first REDD project in the world. We also verified the first N20 project under CAR, and the first project using ACR methodology for the conversion of pneumatic controllers in oil and natural gas systems, among other leading projects.
DNV Climate Change and Environmental services has experienced great growth in the last years in North America based on Validation, Verification and Monitoring of GHG inventories and emissions reduction projects, including CAR, ACR, VCS projects in key sectors, including forestry, waste management, water, etc. and supporting North American projects developers in the validation/verification of CDM and Gold Standard projects around the globe. DNV USA Inc is accredited by ARB for the verification of installations under Title 17 and by ANSI for the validation/verification of projects.
Due to our growth in North America and the opportunities related to the California Cap and Trade program, we are looking for a head of verification who can envision and implement a plan aiming to increase our already significant market position in the North America market with special focus on California and British Columbia. Your responsibilities include, among others:
- Maintaining and development of the relationship with regulators (ARB), registries (CAR, VCS, ACR, etc) and accreditation entities business development focused on the voluntary market in North America and the new California cap and trade system through increasing existing relationships with local project developers and building new ones.
- Provide technical expertise as final responsible for the quality of the validation/verification deliverables as well as project delivery/management skills within a team of experienced and motivated colleagues who has an outstanding technical level and recognition in the market.
In addition to business development and managerial skills, experience in the development or validation/verification of such projects is an asset and you are expected to directly participate in project delivery. Self-motivation and the ability to work to ambitious targets will be characteristics of a successful candidate who will also be expected to have an excellent existing network in the North America carbon community.
• Bachelor degree (master preferred) in environmental, science or engineering
• 5-7 years of working experience in a relevant industry/sector. Experience in refineries, utilities or the forestry sector is an advantage.
• Experience in the carbon market in North America is a must, preferably in the validation/verification of emissions reduction projects or installations inventories. Experience in projects/protocols development, climate change polity or the development of one of the existing programs/registries will also be considered.
• Excellent connections in the North America carbon market and specifically in California.
• Demonstrated business development capabilities
• Capable of leading the validation/verification teams from a technical point of view, with outstanding technical knowledge and direct working experience in one of the sectors outlined above (refineries, utilities, forestry)
• Must be willing to travel 30%
Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Click here to apply
One Bush Street, 12th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
phone: +1 415 318 3911
e-mail: Department HR Contact