The Climate Change Initiatives Program of the Science + Knowledge division in Conservation International (CI) has been supporting climate change mitigation activities by assisting project developers, government officials and local communities in countries from Africa, Asia and Latin America. Ã‚Â This support has been providing trough capacity building activities. Ã‚Â Recently the Climate Change Initiatives Program has been playing an important role on helping developing countries to understand, participate and design of REDD+ activities at the international, national and local level in collaboration with multiple partners. Ã‚Â To reinforce capacity building activities, the program is seeking a Research Assistant to support specific activities under the emerging Alliance for Global REDD+ Capacity (AGRC) where CI is taking a leading role. Ã‚Â
The Research Assistant will be supporting the creation of an inventory of REDD+ training activities in representative REDD+ countries around the world.
- collecting information related to capacity building initiatives being held in developing countries by government and non-government organizations, academic institutions and international development agencies,
- compiling a database of information on AGRC members REDD+ training activities and other training resources for dissemination through a web platform, supporting with the creation of database,
- supporting in identifying funding opportunities for the Alliance, and
- supporting in editing reports.
- The intern will be working at CI HQ office.
- Normal office environment
An active person with a degree in natural resources management or environmental policies (undergraduate and master degree)
Basic knowledge in climate change and REDD+ issues.
Languages: English (French desired)
More information here.