GCEI Head: Communications and Campaigns
1 year with an option to renewÃ‚Â
Mission of the Initiative:Ã‚Â
The Global Climate & Energy Initiative (GCEI) is WWF’s global programme addressing climate change and a move to 100% renewable energy through engagement with business, promoting renewable and sustainable energy, scaling green finance and working nationally and internationally on low carbon frameworks. The team is based over three hubs – Mexico, South Africa and Belgium.
The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for all internal communications to the GCEI team and to the WWF network. He/she will work to increase the knowledge sharing between the four work streams of the GCEI, and to raise the awareness and support the engagement of the WWF network in the GCEI. He/she will lead the further development and implementation of a suitable channel management strategy that will deliver on the internal communications objectives. He/she will be an active member of the GCEI team.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develops the GCEI internal communications strategy, and implements it;
- Be responsible for the updating and maintenance of the GCEI website and intranet as a user-friendly and exciting platform for information and communication;
- Ensures optimal impact, reach and engagement for the communication initiatives;
- Supports and enables communication and interaction between GCEI and other WWF entities engaged in climate and energy work;
- Manages all internal communication channels (including developing and packaging content) and develops new channels as appropriate;
- Ensures effective and timely compliance with all WWF International reporting, performance monitoring and review requirements, including quarterly reporting to the GCEI Head: Communications and Campaigns;
- Carries out any such reasonable duties as delegated from the GCEI Head: Communications and Campaigns.
- At least 5 years’ experience in communications;
- Experience in cross-cultural communication;
- Background in communications, media, business or politics in a developing country is a strong plus;
- Knowledge of and experience with development and/or environment issues a bonus;
- Experience with various media tools (video, new media, writing for publication, websites, print production);
- Computer literacy; experience with Google platform a strong plus;
- Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent required.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- An energetic, well-rounded communications practitioner with programme management experience;
- Experienced at using new media for internal communications; knowledge of Google platform an advantage;
- Strong research and analytical abilities;
- Strategic thinker, innovator; and pays attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build strong relationships;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent ability to work in a virtual team;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent command of English; other languages an asset;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Internal – GCEI management and core teams; relevant staff in WWF network, including communications, business engagement, markets, finance, climate and energy teams.
Applying and other information:
To apply for the job please send your CV (including at least 3 references and their relevant direct contact details) and a covering letter motivating why you would be the ideal candidate for the position to the HR manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 7th September 2012. Please note that only emailed applications will be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have received no response within three weeks of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.