The Manager, Climate and Energy will win, manage and deliver climate policy, carbon market, renewable energy and adaptation contracts for European Commission, governments and private sector clients, working within a team of analysts, modelers, economists and technical specialists across our international network of offices.Ã‚Â Ideal candidates will have a strong track record in developing policy at an EU level, deep economic / technical expertise, flexibility to work across a range of subject areas and an entrepreneurial approach.
- Win, manage and deliver climate policy, carbon market, renewable energy and adaptation contracts for European Commission, governments and private sector clients.
- Lead the growth of the European climate business in at least one of our strategic focus areas, working with experienced technical, strategic and policy staff in the US and UK.Ã‚Â
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of European Commission, government and private sector clients.
- Provide technical contributions for a range of economics and policy/strategy projects.
- Manage project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and budget constraints.
- Market the company at client meetings, events and networking groups through presentation of papers on pertinent topics.
- Develop expertise and intellectual property within the company on European climate policy and carbon market issues.
- Contribute to the development of global market strategies in climate policy and carbon markets.
- Degree in economics, engineering or science.Ã‚Â
- 6+Ã‚Â years relevant professional experience in a consulting background.
- Experience winning and successfully delivering climate policy and carbon market contracts for European Commission, governments, utilities and finance clients.
- Expertise inÃ‚Â market-based instruments, Cost-Benefit Analysis andÃ‚Â competitiveness impact assessment
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of EU climate change and energy legislation, especially EU ETS and policies affecting non-EU ETS sectors.
- Knowledge of climate change impacts and adaptation strategies would be an advantage.
- Sales and marketing experience.
- Project management experience, preferably including international projects.
- Relevant masters degree preferred.
- Analytical skills specifically in climate policy and economics.
- Willing to travel within Europe and to the United States.
- Ability to work independently and achieve challenging targets.
- Ability to lead and work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries and time zones.
Permanent/Part Time: Permanent
More information on the posting here