Carbon Retirement is a social enterprise offering carbon footprinting and offsetting with a difference.
We force industrial companies to pollute less by buying the permits they need and permanently removing them from the system.Ã‚Â So rather than buying permits and continuing to pollute, these companies have to reduce their emissions.
In the last year we have won six awards for innovation and social enterprise, and have been highlighted as one of the ‘top 5 small businesses for ethics’ in the UK.
Description of internship:
We are looking for an intern to provide research support.Ã‚Â Your role will be likely to involve:
- Research in core areas of expertise i.e. carbon footprinting, carbon offsetting, carbon trading, and the EU ETS.Ã‚Â For publication and to inform business strategy.
- Marketing and sales support, including market research, organising events, writing material for our newsletter and website, managing the monthly e-newsletterÃ‚Â
- Completing funding applications/awards.Ã‚Â Manage database of funding grants and awards.Ã‚Â Find out details and complete relevant applications.Ã‚Â This will involve talking to grant-making bodies, writing submissions, having creative ideas for projects to submit and drawing up financial and time plans for their implementation
Interns also contribute to the areas of the business as the need arises.Ã‚Â This could include supporting sustainability training or carbon footprinting, internal financial and administrative support or ad hoc press support as required.
- Confident, with good people skills; needs to be comfortable picking up the phone to potential funders, clients, magazine editors etc
- Initiative; ability to prioritise own workload and escalate appropriately
- Knowledge or interest in carbon trading and corporate social responsibility
- Business development
- Good level of written English
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
Location: Vauxhall, London
Proposed length of internship: 3 Months
Send CV and a covering letter explaining what you’d hope to get out of the placement and what you think you’d bring to it, as well as your availability, to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12th November
Interviews: 22/23rd NovemberÃ‚Â
Start date: 1st December