The Geneva-based IETA has been the leading voice of the business community on the subject of emissions trading since 2000. Ã‚Â Our 140+ member companies comprise some of the nation’s and the world’s largest and most respected businesses, including global leaders in oil & gas, electricity, cement, aluminum, chemical, and futures exchange; as well as leading firms in the area of data verification, finance, law, and consulting. IETA promotes emissions trading as an essential part of an effective and efficient response to climate change and engages in all aspects of the development of emission trading systems, acting as a policy think tank, advocate to governments, and convener of dialogues.
- Assist the IETA Secretariat in its EU ETS policy work
- Assist the IETA Secretariat in its International policy work
- Brief the IETA Secretariat and its members on climate policy developments in the EU ETS and other GHG markets with an aim to becoming a policy expertÃ‚Â
- Build relations with IETA member companies, officials, academia, and NGOsÃ‚Â
- Help establish partnerships and programs with other GHG-based organizationsÃ‚Â
- Assist with IETA conferences and events in Europe
- Help with IETA membership administrationÃ‚Â
- Assist the IETA Secretariat with drafting and editing policy documents
- Interested in EU and international climate policyÃ‚Â
- Self-motivated, personable and creativeÃ‚Â
- Fluent in English (other languages a major advantage)Ã‚Â
- Able to legally work +35 hours per week for 6 months in IETA’s Brussels office
- A team player is an absolute must.